A membership in the Lumberton Area Chamber of Commerce is an investment in your community signifying that you care and want to be a part of the continued growth and progress of your community.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Business Referrals: The Chamber and its members make frequent referrals for products and services of ONLY Chamber member firms.
- Web Page Listing – All members are listed on our website. Web site links are available as well.
- Ribbon Cutting/Ground Breaking – New or re-locating? Our ribbon cuttings & ground-breakings are featured in the monthly newsletter.
- Community Profile: The Chamber distributes a community profile to area newcomers to market our community.
- City and County Maps: The Chamber publishes and distributes a map of the Robeson County and Lumberton Area. North Carolina state maps are available.
- Monthly Newsletter: New chamber members are automatically listed in the chamber newsletter which is published by the Robesonian once a month. Members, for a fee, may also provide an advertising flyer to be inserted into the newsletter!
- Demographic Information: The Chamber houses demographic information including census figures and statistics.
DIRECTORIES AND LISTINGS
- Membership Directory: This is the Chamber’s main source of referrals in which members receive a free listing, alphabetically and by category. This is the only directory of its type in the area.
- Organizational Listings: The Chamber maintains a current list of the area’s principle civic organizations.
- Relocation Packages: Packages are available to interested individuals moving to the area, and are mailed at no charge.
- Industry List: A list of industrial corporations that call Robeson County home can be provided by request at no charge.
- Business After Hours: Enjoy an evening mixer hosted by a Chamber business. A Business After Hours event is an excellent opportunity to network with area business owners and industry leaders.
- Committees and Task Forces: Chamber members are welcome to volunteer some of their time, experience, ideas and suggestions with any of the Chamber’s committees and task forces. Chamber volunteers play an integral part in improving the quality of life in our community.
- Lumberton Area Leadership Institute: A community leadership development program specifically designed for Robeson County’s emerging leaders.
- Seminars and Workshops Training Programs: A variety of seminars and workshops are held throughout the year to enhance leadership, management, and customer service skills. This program is co-sponsored by Robeson Community College.
- Business/Education Partnerships: Partnerships are developed and cultivated between the school districts and the business people to work together with today’s students in preparing them to become tomorrow’s workforce.
- Golf Outing: The LACC Golf Classic is held in April and is open to Chamber members with any level of golfing experience.
- Other Events: Celebrate Lumberton, Holiday on Parade, Washington Issues, Annual Strategic Planning Retreat, Secretaries Day Luncheon and Seminar, The Chairman’s Gala, ST. Patrick’s Day Mixer, Robeson County Clean and Green, and the NC Symphony are just a few of the community events that the Chamber organizes. Sponsorships for all events are available to Chamber members.
- Safety Awards Banquet for Regional Industries
- Identification as a Leader In Business: Chamber membership plaques will signify to your customers your commitment to our community.
- Membership Listings: Your membership will be represented in our Membership Directory.
- Newsletter Advertising: Only Chamber members will be given the opportunity to advertise or place an insert in the Chamber Newsletter, for a minimal fee. This monthly newsletter is mailed to over 700 business people and distributed to other prospective Chamber members throughout the year.
- Mailing Labels: In an effort to help your business with promotions, the Chamber staff will provide our membership list on labels for a minimal charge.
- Other Opportunities: Other opportunities to advertise and promote your business will be available throughout the year, including maps, community resource materials, and event sponsorships.
OTHER BENEFITS OF CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP
- Opportunities to meet civic and social leaders.
- Use of chamber meeting rooms and equipment.
- Contributing to an improved quality of life through active support of education and economic development.
- Collective strength of Chamber members to monitor and influence legislation.
- The total amount you pay for membership is tax deductible as a business expense, not a charitable donation.